Welcome to this website! In the early stages of the marketing of an Ultrafast Broadband in 2012, the Appleton with Eaton Broadband Group decided that an interactive website was required! Although we are now connected, we have left this website available for you to scroll through the menus and hope most of the questions you might be having are answered somewhere!
Update: September 2013: with over 150 households connected, and one year since the early connections took place, we can report: -
- The Gigaclear system has been very stable
- Gigaclear software upgrades have taken place with good warning emails and at times of least demand (e.g. 1:00am on Monday mornings)
- Voice over Internet telephony (several households use Vonage) is excellent – in quality of sound, low cost and the ability to have emails with voice attachments of messages left on land phone (which can be accessed on Smartphones)
- Download and Upload speeds are good (e.g. over 900Mbps download and upload – asymmetric – desktop wired to the router)
- Several households now have Smart TVs which are connected either wirelessly or hard-wired to the router
- Some households are saving money by having Ultrafast Broadband (no separate ISP charges and much lower telephony charges with VoIP) AND have an Ultrafast Broadband with no spinning worms!
If you are involved with a group considering Gigaclear and Ultrafast Broadband, there are one or two members of the Appleton with Eaton Broadband Group who are happy to supply information and attend meetings. Please email Appleton.email@example.com for further information.
In the meantime…